What we do, and how we got here
At Hotswap, we want to solve the problem of scary vendor migrations once and for all.
We've done almost every migration you can think of, including email service providers, e-Commerce platforms, and storage platforms. We've seen them go over poorly, and also seen them done well.
Migrations are painful.
Migrations are scary, both to engineers and business stakeholders, because of a few common pain points:
- There isn't a clear mapping between the old system and the new.
- There is a high risk for errors: data can be incorrect and migrations can break in the middle
- The work is neither revenue-generating nor customer-facing.
- Integrations with third parties are brittle -- APIs change (if there is even a clean API.)
Our goal is to eliminate these pain points.
At Hotswap, our goal is to:
- Give companies greater choice to use the right software products as their businesses grow.
- Free firms from getting locked-in to vendors that are unhelpful or expensive.
- Help companies more easily onboard new customers away from their competitors.
- Let employees spend more time focusing on the core of their product, and less time maintaining integrations
- Allow companies to automate the process so that they don't need to dedicate engineers to integration and can save their customer success teams days manually moving data over.
We are backed by YCombinator, Craft Ventures, and Lynett Capital, among other investors and angels. We're incredibly excited to be working on this problem, and to share what we learn along the way.